Inspection of Public Records
This web page provides information regarding the policies and procedures involved in making public records requests to the University of New Mexico pursuant to the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act (IPRA). IPRA requests are processed by the UNM Custodian of Public Records.
IPRA stands for the Inspection of Public Records Act, which is a state act in New Mexico that was created in 1978, NMSA 1978. The purpose of the act is to allow inspection of records that are normally maintained by public entities in order to provide transparency and insight into the operations and functions of the departments and agencies that fall within the jurisdiction of IPRA. NMSA 1978 § 14-2-5, defines the act by stating “Recognizing that a representative government is dependent upon an informed electorate, the intent of the legislature in enacting the Inspection of Public Records Act is to ensure, and it is declared to be the public policy of this state, that all persons are entitled to the greatest possible information regarding the affairs of government and the official acts of public officers and employees. It is the further intent of the legislature, and it is declared to be the public policy of this state, that to provide persons with such information is an essential function of a representative government and an integral part of the routine duties of public officers and employees”.
Other Publicly Available Document Locations
- Employee Verification go to http://payroll.unm.edu/uconfirm.html
- Student Records/Transcripts go to https://registrar.unm.edu/
- Medical Records go to http://hsc.unm.edu/health/patients-visitors/request-medical-records.html
- Athletics Department Employment Contracts & Game Contracts go to https://golobos.com/game-employment-contracts/
- Current UNM Pay/Salary Data go to https://sunshine.unm.edu/index.html
- Athletics Concession Contracts and NCAA Reports go to https://athleticscontracts.unm.edu/